- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and ½ cups brewed coffee
- ½ cup cherry whiskey (such as Red Stag)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).
- Prepare a bundt pan with butter and cocoa powder or cooking spray (whatever works best for your pan.) Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine brewed coffee, whiskey, butter and cocoa powder.
- Over medium heat whisk until butter is melted.
- Remove from heat and add sugar. Whisk until dissolved .
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to chocolate mixture, and stir until well combined. (Make sure chocolate mixture isn’t too hot so it doesn’t cook your egg.)
- Then, add the flour mixture and whisk until JUST combined. Don’t overmix.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a cake-tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack until completely cool, at least an hour.
- Invert pan onto serving plate, and prepare ganache.
- Add cream, butter, espresso powder, vanilla and salt into a sauce pan, bring to a boil and stir until you completely combined.
- Remove from heat and add the Bourbon and stir to combine.
- Pour the hot cream mix over the chocolate and let sit for 1 minute.
- Stir together until everything is well combined and no chocolate clumps remain. Whisks work well for this.
- Pour over the cake and let set.